Flawless joinery is the hallmark of a woodworker’s dedication and skill, and with the Leigh D4R Pro Dovetail Jig, your work will take on the unmistakable look of a craftsman. The Leigh D4R Pro is the most versatile and user-friendly dovetail joinery jig available, and with it, you can create perfect joinery of all kinds: through dovetails, half-blind dovetails, sliding dovetails and box joints (finger joints). In just minutes, you can rout equally or variably spaced through and half-blind dovetails, not possible with template jigs.
No other dovetail jig offers the incredible range of joinery than that of the D4R Pro. Rout all types of variably spaced through and half-blind dovetails, as well as single pass half-blind dovetails and box joints (finger joints), all using the standard dovetail finger assembly.
- Variably spaced dovetails
- Joints up to 1 1/4" thick
- Carcass and box construction
- Variably spaced dovetails
- Joints up to 1 1/2" thick
- Drawer fronts
- Hidden dovetails
- Equally spaced dovetails
- Simple alternative to variably spaced dovetails
- Replicating drawers from period furniture
- Two sizes of box joints (finger joints), 3/8" and 3/4"
- Nine additional sizes with optional F3 Template
- Box corners, drawers
- Shelving, partitions and breadbord ends
- Chests of drawers, jewellery box partitions, bookcases
- Simple, acute, obtuse and compound angles
- Cradles, planter boxes
- Fancy Inlaid joints are easily achieved with double step routing
- Adds a unique touch to any woodworking piece.
- 3D joint design makes bold design statement
- Drawer front alternative
- For face frame cabinetry
- Makes fitting easier
- Rout straight or angled end-on-end dovetails at five different cutting depths
- Rout endless pairs of perfectly aligned shelf holes and matching notches
- Bookcases and shelving
- For authentic period or reproduction pieces
- Rout in a fraction of the time it takes to hand cut them. Only the tails need hand cutting.
Attach an optional template to your D4R Pro for even more unique joinery styles.
- Six unique patterns
- Strong and decorative; stunning as inlaid and shadow inlaid
- Adds personality to any project
- Strong and beautiful
- Graphic “through” joints
- Jumbo box joints (jumbo finger joints)
- Bookcase shelves, benches
The Leigh D4R Pro Dovetail Jig makes it easy. Position the guide fingers to your desired pattern, and with the boards in place, simply guide your router around the guide fingers to rout the dovetail joint. One finger assembly makes a multitude of joinery.
The D4R Pro is Leigh’s premium dovetail jig, designed for use by woodworkers of all levels. Leigh has made perfect joinery easy in every way, from thorough, step-by-step user guides, bulletins and how-to videos, to customer service second to none, with instant toll-free technical support and help line.
What Router Should I Use?
Leigh recommends a midsize router, from 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 HP (9-13 amps) with a 1/2" collet. This size provides great power to weight ratio. Fixed base routers are ideal because they have a lower center of gravity with handles mounted to the router base rather than the motor, as with plunge routers. However, if you are proficient with the use of a plunge router, it works just as well. A plunge router is recommended for Isoloc Templates and is required for the M2 Attachment. When buying a router, also consider ergonomics, switch location, a good plunge mechanism and easy, accurate adjustment of bit height.
3/8", 8mm and 1/4" bits require the use of a collet reducer, or a collet that matches the bit size. See video >
Guide Bushing Adaptors for your Router
All Leigh Dovetail & Box Joint Jigs need a router fitted with a Leigh guide bushing. Because the router industry isn't standardized, you may need an adaptor to fit the guide bushing to your router. Learn more >