R9 Plus Dovetail & Box Joint Jig
Routs Joints On Any Width Board
The new R9 Plus Joinery System makes fast and accurate routing of Through Dovetails and Box joints. The Plus? The R9 Plus makes 3 sizes of Through Dovetails, all on boards of ANY width! Perfect joint fit is guaranteed and repeatable with the Leigh e10 guidebush. All this, and it works mounted on your bench with a hand held router or with your router table. Designed to keep your initial investment low, we provide the template, clamps, side stop and mounting hardware and you save by making a simple shop made beam to mount it on.
Unlimited Board Width
Rout the first section of the board. Then simply move the template to the next plate position... and keep routing! The precision pin plates and template machining guarantee perfect joint alignment every time.
Through Dovetail Joints Tails and Pins
All boards are positioned against the side stop and the template is quickly and accurately positioned on pin plates mounted on the beam. Simply rotate the template to the Pins mode and rout Through Dovetails in boards from 1/4" to 13/16" thick.
Box Joint Pins and Sockets
Simply rout all of the pins, reposition the template, and rout all the sockets.
The template has positioning holes that allow it to sit perfectly on top of the raised pin of each pin plate.
- Unlimited board widths
- Through Dovetails
- Up to 13/16''
- 3 pin widths - 3/8'', 7/16'' & 1/2''
- 2 joint pitches, 1 1/2'' & 3/4''
- Box Joints
- Up to 7/8''
- 3 sizes - 3/16'', 3/8'' & 3/4''
- No jig adjustments
- Joint fit is controlled by patented eBush
- Works on a router table or with a standalone router
- Adjustable width clamping
- Mounts to shop made beam to keep cost low
- Replaceable backer board eliminates tear out
- R9 Template, machined and anodized aircraft aluminum (6061 T6)
- 3 pin plates and template positioning technology (patent pending) (optional extras available at low cost)
- 2 F style clamps with anti rotation locators
- Adjustable Side Stop for all joint types
- All hardware for beam assembly
- No. 80-8 dovetail bit, 1/2'' x 13/16'' x 8''
- No. 160 straight bit, 1/2'' x 1-1/4''
- No. 172-8, collet reducer, 1/2'' – 8mm
- e10 elliptical guidebush for joint fit adjustment (patent pending)
- Illustrated user guide